Many couples who are experiencing problems conceiving are looking for natural remedies to manage their infertility.
Naturopathy and Chinese medicine are becoming more and more popular as people look for safer ways than conventional medicine to deal with any number of diseases and their symptoms.
If you and your partner are having some difficulty getting pregnant you may want to consider using herbs to enhance your fertility and boost your chances of conceiving naturally.
The Perks of Using Natural Remedies and Herbs
There are several advantages when it comes to using herbal therapy to boost your fertility. Perhaps the main advantage of herbs is that they stimulate your body to heal itself naturally rather than just treating the symptoms.
If you’re undergoing conventional infertility treatment, herbs can be used to decrease any unpleasant side effects that you may be experiencing.
Herbal therapy can be safely used alongside infertility treatments such as IVF (in vitro fertilization) to balance your hormones and to strengthen your body.
Herbal therapy has the potential to improve your overall physical and mental health, both of which are vital when you’re trying to conceive.
Herbal Therapy for Boosting Fertility
Herbal therapy is very quickly being recognized as an important treatment in promoting your fertility. You and your partner can benefit from using herbs for infertility issues in the following ways:
- Regulate your ovulation and menstrual cycles.
- Increase sperm count and enhance sperm mobility.
- Balance hormones and regulate your endocrine system.
- Increase your chances of getting pregnant when undergoing IVF.
- Increase blood flow in your pelvic area.
- Reduce stress and anxiety.
- Increase your energy level.
- Enhance your overall health.
Stress can play a huge role in your inability to conceive by decreasing fertility in both women and men. Herbs can reduce your stress, balance your hormones, and increase the flow of blood to your reproductive system.
When your body is working in harmony both physically and mentally, you’ll dramatically improve your chances of pregnancy.
Common Herbs that Boost Fertility and Overall Health
There are many different types of herbs available to you that can help you become more fertile.
Some of these herbs include the following:
- Black Cohosh: Used to stimulate the ovaries. Use only in the first portion of your menstrual cycle and then discontinue after ovulation.
- Red Raspberry Leaf: Used to strengthen the lining in the uterus. Also used for your menstrual cycle to lengthen the luteal phase of your period. This can enhance the implantation of the egg. Stop using once you’re pregnant.
- Evening Primrose Oil: Used to improve the quality of mucus in the cervix. Stop using after ovulation as it can stimulate uterine contractions which can be harmful if an embryo has been implanted.
- False Unicorn: Used to boost fertility and help in the regulation of the ovaries. Do not use after ovulation or if you become pregnant. Can also help in the treatment of male impotence.
When using any type of herb, remember that although side effects are minimal, you need to educate yourself about each particular herb that you’re taking.
Enhancing IVF with Herbs for More Success
In vitro fertilization is a common infertility treatment in Western medicine and is, for the most part, invasive and quite costly.
As well, IVF can be very stressful when results are not seen immediately and this stress is what often makes it even harder for you to conceive.
Herbal therapy focuses on balancing your body and reducing stress, making it the ideal partner for IVF treatment. Talk to your fertility specialist before taking any herbs.
Practice Patience when Using Herbs for Fertility
Using herbs for your fertility issues requires some patience. Herbs are not a miracle cure. Even though herbal therapy won’t solve your problems instantly, one of the main reasons why it works so well is that it works decisively and progressively.
What this means is that using herbs will allow your body to heal itself by restoring balance and harmony. This type of healing doesn’t happen overnight. The healthier you are the easier it will be for you to conceive.
The goal behind taking herbs for fertility is to improve the function of your reproductive system and this type of healing takes time.
A Bit of Caution when Using Herbs for you Infertility
Although fertility boosting herbs have many advantages when it comes to you getting pregnant, it’s important to use them with caution.
Talk to your doctor before you start taking herbs of any kind whether it’s to increase your infertility or for other health issues.
While there are few if any side effects from taking herbs, the more you know about what herbal supplements you’re taking, the more you’ll know what to expect.
If you’re undergoing other infertility treatments, such as IVF or hormone therapy, it’s again important that you talk to your doctor and let them know what herbs you’re going to be taking.
When it comes to your health and fertility, knowledge and communication are imperative to you getting pregnant.